3.31.2011

Need to explain this from the get go - I have huge obsessions.

And right now my main addiction is the show Community - and Donald Glover. He's the actor who plays Troy in Community, which is one of the sharpest, wittiest shows on tv right now. Seriously, I've watched every episode at least twice in the past month.

And my obsession with Donald Glover is almost bigger. Not only does he act, but he writes for 30 Rock (another favorite) and, oh yeah, has a little ontheside rap career. Under the moniker Childish Gambino, he throws out references refs like Ariel Pink and e.e. cummings in the latest EP he dropped earlier this month, Freaks and Geeks. I have to admit, I didn't get on the Gambino train until this song because his previous work was pretty rough. I'm loving him now, though, and if you haven't seen his Freaks and Geeks video you should get on that and watch it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment